Love Me or Hate Me…
I am drawing my line in the sand and throwing some things out there… In the past weeks I have seen so much nasty hate on facebook, twitter, and in general about parenting choices, and what people choose for their children and how they live their lives.
I have seen women downright harassed over choices they have made, when I myself have made identical choices in parenting… When it comes to parenting, we all do what we think is best for our own children, and make choices which work best for our own families, where we live, and the society that we live in.
For anyone to put another person down, or downright harass someone or call them ignorant because they made different choices, is no better than internet bullying which has been making such a big splash recently, especially in the young gay community.
Without any further adieu, some facts on how I have parented… and how I still parent…
- I selectively vaccinate my children
- My oldest son was breastfed, until he was 10 months old, and went onto formula.
- My second son was breastfed till he was 5 weeks old and we realized he could not tolerate breastmilk, and he was put on formula.
- I am a breastfeeding advocate who has used, and would use formula again if I have to.
- I made some of my own baby food.
- I also bought baby food… yes, I have bought Gerber, Earths Best, Happy Baby, You get the picture…
- I buy some products in the Nestle family. We use Juicy Juice, Willy Wonka Candy (an obsession of mine) Stouffers frozen foods, etc. These are products my family enjoys, and have used since I was a child.
- Both of my boys were circumcised, it is a choice myself, and my husband made during private discussions, and do not choose to share with the universe. That’s all I will say about that.
- We are a co-sleeping, and crib using family. We do both, and we do what works best for each child differently. Our oldest loves to co-sleep and always has, our youngest never cared for it.
- We buy organic, but not all the time, it just isn’t in our budget, or taste-buds. I know it is better, which is why I include it into our diet.
- We eat out… a lot. We enjoy to go someplace where not only they make our meal, but we don’t have the dishes to do. With two kids, a work load on both of us, and the fact that I did not get my mothers cooking skills in my genetics has aided in that choice.
- My youngest son is in cloth diapers. We love our AppleCheeks, and will be using them for the new baby also. I wish I had learned about cloth diapering, and started sooner.
- Our oldest son still uses disposable diapers. I am potty training him and that is what works best for us, and that is his preference.
- My kids go to bed when they are tired. We do not have “schedules” and we feel that this has made them better adjusted.
- I am Pro Choice
- I am not religious
That is just how we roll. This is what works best for our family, and I do not expect our backasswards choices in parenting to work for everyone or even anyone else, but it works for our family and that is all that matters to me.
Just like everyone else should do for their own family.
Sure, I will lose some readers over this, sure there will be readers who do not agree with me, but will still read because they are adult enough to understand we are not all cookie cutter clones of each other. Maybe I will gain some new readers for being real with everyone? Either way, this is my website, my space, and I will be who I am in real life on it!
We all come from different backgrounds, and hold different opinions and beliefs...
While I understand and respect that, I expect the same respect from my readers. This website is “mine” and like my home, I expect respect, and reserve the right to “kick out”
anyone who doesn’t follow the rules, just like I would in my home!
1. Trolls will automatically be deleted and banned
2. If you feel the urge to be disrespectful, or start a fight... move along.
3. No name calling... PERIOD